Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara 1.5

Wullie's profile picture

25 November 2011, 5:14

Hi,

Quick question. Do you have a rough timescale when version 1.5 will be released? I've tried to find the roadmap for it (I can find the features/bug fix list), but not indication of when it is planned to be released.

Thanks

26 November 2011, 9:51

I think a secure answer will be : first half 2012. But let it confirmed by a Catalyst core programmer.

François Marier's profile picture

27 November 2011, 16:42

This was discussed at the last developer meeting (see item 3 in the minutes) but the release managers haven't settled a freeze date yet.

The rough target however is to have a release every 6 to 12 months. So given that 1.4.0 was released in June, that would mean sometime between December 2011 and June 2012.

The list of bug fixes and new features that have already gone into 1.5 is here (look for the "fix committed" items):

https://launchpad.net/mahara/+milestone/1.5.0

Cheers,

Francois

Wullie's profile picture

28 November 2011, 3:07

Thanks for the feedback guys. As you say, the meeting doesn't make it the clearest, but at least gives a pointer.

How long does it usually take between freeze date (is that basically the end of upgrades/fixes, start of beta?) and release (or does that depend on beta testing)?

Thanks

François Marier's profile picture

29 November 2011, 2:48

It all depends on what bugs are found (and how hard they are to fix) during the stabilisation period. Last time, if I recall correctly, I think it took about 2 months.

Wullie's profile picture

29 November 2011, 3:11

Thanks Francois.

That at least gives me rough figures (once a freeze date is confirmed) that I can give to my bosses.

6 results