Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahara Assignment plugin Moodle - Where are my views?!

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 October 2011, 11:10

Hello!

Firstly perfect timing for the new academic year with the Mahara Assignment plugin, well done and thank you for all your hardwork!

We are experiencing some issues once the assignment is set up. The views do not seem to be picked up from Mahara and the following message is provided:

RPC mod/mahara/rpclib.php/get_views_for_user:
ERROR 7:
User with ID 13 attempted to call unauthorised method mod/mahara/rpclib.php/get_views_for_user on host http://mahara.smuc.ac.uk

I've attached the Peer settings from Site administration   Networking Manage peers > Services.

Any suggestions would be great and I'd love to get cracking with this!

moodlemaharasettings
image hosting

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

08 October 2011, 22:39

Hello Gemma,

Can you please post the XMLRPC (MNet) settings from the Mahara side? I had just set up Mahara and Moodle and didn't run into your issue.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

23 November 2011, 9:31

Dear Kristina,

I ran into this topic having the same problem as Gemma. I'm looking at my Mahara installation and see that xmlrpc has been installed, but don't know how to check the settings...

Rob.

27 November 2011, 19:22

Hi Gemma and Rob,

If the Mahara assignment submission plugin was correctly installed and MNet setup, you should see the following under the "Services" tab of your Mahara peer:

Most of the settings you have to set are on the Moodle side. If you follow the instructions for setting up Mahoodle (I always use the updated file), you should be able to do the standard MNet setup correctly. Then it's just the assignment settings from above.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

02 December 2011, 7:05

Hi,

I am having the same issue.

Initially I thought it was related to Moodle reporting "files missing from disk", as there is no lib.php in the current version of the plugin, which I posted about here:

http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4227

However, with a dummy lib.php that issue goes away, but I still cannot see any views (pages) in Moodle for submission.

I have double checked all settings, I have double checked the "mahoodle" docs.

I have the Mahara settings under Mnet set to pubish and subscribe as per Kristinas secreen shot above.

I can login to Mahara from Moodle, it will show the correct institution / moodle instance when I do that.

I am at a loss as to what the issue could be...

Account deleted

02 December 2011, 7:54

Ok in my case I had accidentally added a duplicate institution on the Mahara side... Doh!

04 December 2011, 13:56

Hello Jez,

Good that you figures it out. Smile I was about to ask if you had two Mahara instances connected to your Moodle as that had happened to me, too, last week.

Hope all is well now.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

08 December 2011, 16:18

I seem to be getting this specific error when adding a mahara portfolio assignment to a course. I cannot find any information on how to resolve it.

It displays at the bottom of the assignment page when logged in as the admin user.

08 December 2011, 18:49

Hello Daniel,

Not being able to see whether you have put all the settings in correctly and whetehr the correct Mahara instance was chosen, it's difficult to reproduce your issue or trying to solve it. Please double check that you have set up networking correctly and that you can roam to your Mahara instance in general. The RPC errors that I saw so far usually had a MNet issue that could be solved when the settings were corrected.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

08 December 2011, 21:34

Hi Daniel, you will probably have some error messages in the webserver log for Mahara with more information about the error.  If you can post those here, someone may be able to help.

12 results