Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Error in Server Configuration

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 September 2011, 2:31

Hi Developers,

I'm in desperate need of help. Our university deactivated a couple of old students and deleted their email adresses. Now I keep getting tons of emails from Mahara telling me that there must be an error in my server configuration because the emails are bouncing. What can I do to stop this and deactivate the users who do not have a valid email address any more?

This is what the email looks like:

exception 'EmailException' with message 'Couldn't send email to Username with
subject CollabUni: Neuer Ansichtenzugriff. Error from phpmailer was: SMTP
Error: The following recipients failed: username@domain.de<p>SMTP
server error: 5.2.1 user disabled; cannot receive new mail:
username@domain.de
</p> ' in /data/web/social/web/social/collabuni/lib/user.php:457 Stack trace: #0 /data/web/social/web/social/collabuni/notification/email/lib.php(97): email_user(Object(stdClass), NULL, 'CollabUni: Neue...', 'Sie haben von C...', NULL, NULL) #1 [internal function]: PluginNotificationEmail::notify_user(Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass)) #2 /data/web/social/web/social/collabuni/lib/mahara.php(1184): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /data/web/social/web/social/collabuni/lib/activity.php(462): call_static_method('PluginNotificat...', 'notify_user', Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass)) #4 /data/web/social/web/social/collabuni/lib/activity.php(489): ActivityType->notify_user(Object(stdClass)) #5 /data/web/social/web/social/collabuni/lib/activity.php(82): ActivityType->notify_users() #6 /data/web/social/web/social/collabuni/lib/activity.php(217): handle_activity('5', Object(stdClass), true) #7 /data/web/social/web/social/collabuni/lib/cron.php(149): activity_process_queue() #8 {main} ------------------------------------------------------------------------ This is an auto generated notification from CollabUni. To update your notification preferences, visit Bitte antworten Sie nicht auf diese Mail.

Best Alex
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

30 September 2011, 3:48

Hi Alex,

I don't have a server solution, but if you know who these students are, you could log in as them and go to their settings and place a checkmark before "Email". That should stop sending emails. To be on the very safe side, you can set all notifications to "Inbox".

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 September 2011, 5:55

Hi Kristina,

this is not really a server config issue though, is it? So I've got to check the box that labelled Email to stop Mahara from sending the user emails? This does not really make sense, does it? Maybe you should consider changing the label to "Deactivate Email". It's just a wording issue but would make the setting comprehensible.

Best Alex

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 October 2011, 13:43

Hello Alex,

In Mahara 1.5 it will say "Disable Email". It's already in the code. Smile

Cheers

Kristina

François Marier's profile picture

02 October 2011, 18:09

Here's the bug report for it:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/851401

Cheers,