Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Print Profiles and Pages

Conrad Lienhardt's profile picture

01 July 2011, 6:15

One function is definitly asked by my students - and last but not least by myself ;-): How can I print my pages and my profile? Print to the printer and print to pdf.

I tried to figure out where the function for printing is hidden but couldn't find. It's not the question of exporting (via zip). Just printing e.g. with a fitting print css.

Where can I find that function or is there a work around, any plugin or how do you handle this?

Thanks and Regards,
Conrad

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 July 2011, 9:49

Hi Conrad,

If you want to optimise your Ctrl + P/ Apple + P print page, you can alter the print.css in the theme.

It's found in: [yourtheme]/static/style/print.css

If you want to print your profile, whack it on a mahara page and print to your printer.

If you want to print to pdf, on linux/mac there is a print to file functionality, or on windows you could install something like cutepdf.

There was development on a print to pdf functionality going into the mahara core, but it is not yet released...

Maybe this helps? Let us know..

02 July 2011, 8:24

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply and your advices. Until now we've used Ctrl-P. But, to get convicing results we first have to change the layouts before printing and scaling the sites. That is an inconvenient roundabout, especially for the students who wants things going as easy as possible ;-).

Is there an XML export option?

Regards,
Conrad

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 July 2011, 23:42

Hello Conrad,

Leap2A exports the portfolio in an XML export file. The Print to PDF functionality that Thomas mentioned earlier is described here.

Cheers

Kristina

03 July 2011, 7:48

Hello Kristina,

thanks a lot for your reply and information. The problem is that my hoster doesn't offer ZIP functionality and therefore the Export Folder doesn't open.  I tried to figure out a workaround. I'll try to convince my hoster to have a think about it.

Thanks and Regards
Conrad

04 July 2011, 3:08

Hello Conrad,

Frown

Good luck with getting the zip functionality in. Without it, getting a learner's portfolio out of your installation isn't really possible. Making the portfolio portable between systems is one nice thing about Mahara because you don't have to recreate it on another Mahara instance if you leave an institution.

Cheers

Kristina

04 July 2011, 13:54

Hello Kristina,

I'll try to convince them to deliver a ZIP service ;-)  Alternative I have to change my hoster. Next semester I start working with ePortfolios at my subjects. In case this is wellcomed by students and colleagues I hope that the university will install mahara on its own servers.

Thank you so much for your assistence

Best wishes and Regards
Conrad

05 July 2011, 3:39

Hello Conrad,

All the best with your trial. There are two other alternatives if your university doesn't want to install it:

1. You contact a Mahara Partner that offers hosting
  2. You check out a portfolio service that runs on Mahara (no guarantee of a complete list; just those that I have heard of).

Cheers

Kristina

8 results