Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
language problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 June 2011, 2:35

Hi,

I was wandering why when I have French Mahara, "Latest Views" "Recent Activity" and "Topics I'm Following" still appear in English. I installed the German language pack and still the same problem...

Does anyone have an ideea why?

Thanks,

Monica

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

30 June 2011, 13:09

Hi Monica,

try the following: set the standrard language to the preferred lang (French) and create a new user. Which is the text text for "Latest Views", Recent Acitivty" etc? 

I think Mahara uses English per default to create the blocks in the profil page. Please notice that the user can edit the block in his profil page and so has the way to modify the strings to his prefered text.

HTH Heinz

30 June 2011, 16:47

Bonjour Monica Mon ami Heinz a raison. Les éléments dont vous faites mention sont enregistrés dans la base de données lors de la création de l'utilisateur et dans la langue par défaut du site. Donc si vous mettez le Français comme langue du site, les nouveaux utilisateurs auront ces rubriques en français. Par contre il faudra aller modifier à la main la base de données pour les utilisateurs déjà créés. dajan

30 June 2011, 23:30

Bonjour, Wink
Merci de confirmer mes observations.

salutations

Heinz :-)

Account deleted

01 July 2011, 7:39

Bonjour! :)

Décidemment, j'ai besoin d'aide!

Malheureusement ça n'a pas foncionnné - j'ai crée un compte sur mahara et les trois chaines de caractères sont tj en anglais.  J'ai fais la même chose sur Moodle et je me suis conectée à travers Moodle - avec le même résultat! :( j'avais bien sûr le site en français)

Par rapport aux modifications des blocks, moi, dans le profil j'ai accès seulement à   'Modifier le profil'
   ' Icônes de profil '   'Mon CV' C'est où plus précisement que l'utilisateur peut modifier l'intitulé des blocs?

And last but not least : c'est la table view qu'il faut modifier, non?

Danke schön !

Monica

01 July 2011, 14:07

i Monica,

I used google translate to create my message and to read your answer because I don´t speak French. If there are mor questions please use English words or wait til Dajan will assits you.

Cheers

Heinz

Account deleted

03 July 2011, 17:16

Hi Monica,

See this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/677546

The problem was fixed for 1.4, but only in new dashboards created after the upgrade.

If you want to go back and change the title of everyone's existing dashboard blocks, you can run the following on your database:

UPDATE block_instance SET title = '' WHERE blocktype IN ('newviews','myviews','inbox');

However, it will overwrite all the dashboard block titles (even ones previously edited by the owner).

Account deleted

04 July 2011, 7:58

Thank you, that worked!

Since I am really new to Mahara, I don't know how a user can change the block titles. Could anyone help me with this, too?

Thanks,

Monica

Account deleted

04 July 2011, 16:54

Well to change the ones on your own homepage, you go to Portfolio -> Pages and click the edit button next to Dashboard Page.  Once in the editor, you can edit each block individually using the configure button at the top right of the block.  For most blocks, the configuration form lets you change the title.

Account deleted

06 July 2011, 8:41

Thank you!

10 results