Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
activity logging

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 March 2009, 16:49

Hi all,

We're piloting mahara here (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences). We've used the system for one course (with about 90 portfolios created), and we're working on assessing the pilot.

I'm trying to get a sense of student usage, looking for information like:

* last login date/time for each student

* a record of all logins for each student

* a record of actions taken by a student (creating a view, adding to a view, etc)

I haven't been able to find any log files (other than the apache log) -- just wanted to verify that indeed there are no records kept of student activity or logins.

Has anyone tried tracking activity using Google analytics?

cheers,

Jim Witte

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

13 March 2009, 18:49

Hi Jim,

Working  with eportfolio is a very sensible area. The students need as much protection  as possible. Therefore Mahara has no way to controll all the things xou mentioned and I think this is very good.

I don't herad about a admin using Google analytics.

cheers
Heinz

Account deleted

14 March 2009, 6:41

Hi, as Heinz says, there's no logging of user activity. It's quite possible we're going to add some aggregated stats/reporting in future, but none of the information is likely to be personally identifiable.

mahara.org and the MyPortfolio (NZ) sites both use Google analytics, we just put the code in the footer. It works fine, and provides a nice picture of usage without identifying users individually.

Account deleted

09 April 2010, 14:02

Feeling daft. Where is the footer file to put the Analytics code? I looked through lots of folders and didn't see any html or tpl files.

4 results