Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Collectiuons - horizontal navigation bar error

Mike Korn's profile picture

28 June 2011, 13:26

Hi All,

We are running Mahara 1.4.0 on an Ubuntu Server with Postgres. After upgrading to 1.4.0, I noticed an error when editing a collection. When I deselect the “Add a horizontal navigation bar to every page in this collection by default” option, I get the following error:

A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system 

This has never happened before and we made no other changes to the system. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 June 2011, 2:03

Just confirmed this error using demo.mahara.org.

Unchecking the Page navigation bar option when creating a new Collection and clicking Next also gives a nonrecoverable error.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 June 2011, 4:09

Hello Mike and Ben,

I just had a look at demo.mahara.org and also my local install of 1.4 and don't have a problem with the horizontal tab navigation. I don't get an error message. Could you please empty your cache and try again? I had a problem earlier after demo was upgraded because my browser had stored more data than was good.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

29 June 2011, 8:39

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for looking into this error.

I have cleared the cache on Firefox 5 and Chrome 12 (Windows 7 and Ubuntu 11.04 to make sure) and still have the error with demo.mahara.org.

These are the steps I have used:

Portfolio > Collections > New Collection

Collection name: Bug Test

Page navigation bar [unchecked]

> Next: Edit Collection pages

Mahara: Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

29 June 2011, 15:34

Hi Again,

Yes, Ben is right...http://demo.mahara.org generates the same error under the same conditions. This is definitely a bug.

Mike

Account deleted

29 June 2011, 16:09

I can confirm this in demo.mahara.org

but it's not confirmed inTDM instance/s of 1.4. I cannot reproduce it in either of the two that i have tried. As well as in my localhost test environment.

^ Mahara 1.4.0 / Firefox 4 / Chrome 12.0.742.91 (87961) Ubuntu 10.04 / MySQL

weird?

29 June 2011, 22:42

So I guess this a PostgreSQL error? 

Account deleted

01 July 2011, 3:01

Hi Thomas,

We are using Postgres as our database, as Mike has suggested that seems to be the only difference between the setups.

If the demo.mahara.org site is using Postgres too then it could be a link worth investigating.

Should this error be escalated to full bug status?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 July 2011, 23:57

Hello,

I am sorry that I missed the "unchecked navigation bar". I also get the error now and reported it at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/804989

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

03 July 2011, 7:59

Thanks for registering the bug report Kristina Cool

12 results