Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
1.4 issues

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 June 2011, 10:00

I downloaded 1.4 rc and uploaded it to the server. I then put the info into the config-dist and uploaded that. This time, I kept the htdocs directory as a test. I did have to uncomment the data path. Finally went to the browser and it worked! I was elated! It asked me to change the admin password, which I did and finally clicked on perferences to start learning the options. It spit out an error that it couldn't find ..\htdocs\lib\dwoo\dwoo\Dwoo\Processor.php. I checked and it was there.

My next thought was that something occurred when I uploaded everything, so I deleted the whole thing and uploaded it again with another ftp program just to be safe. Now when I go to the program, I have no graphics, just some text, no forms. It's as if the css was lost somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm going NUTZ!!!

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 June 2011, 18:43

Did you upgrade from 1.3.6 or just whack it in on it's own?

I think the release candidate contains only upgrades/changes to the previous version & not a full installation?

So, you'd have to install 1.3.6 and then copy over the 1.4rc directories, replacing upgraded ones as you go.

Would interested to know if I'm correct or not with that? Someone? Tongue out

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

02 June 2011, 19:09

Ken,

you write "I then put the info into the config-dist and uploaded that."

The installation guide says this: "In the Mahara htdocs directory is config-dist.php. You need to make a copy of this called config.php."

Could that be your problem?

3 results