Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
IE9 Styling with v1.4rc1

Scott Gage's profile picture

24 May 2011, 2:26

Hi there,

We're currently trialling 1.4rc1 in our pre-production environment, and have found an issue with the RHS navigation in IE9 browsers:

We're using a custom theme, which is just Aqua changed to have a slightly different header and footer - a few different lines in the style.css file.

Looking at Aqua, though, this issue has not occurred, so I copied all the relevant lines of css from Aqua to our custom theme with no luck. However, looking at the issue with IE Dev, I noticed that in Aqua the html code of the sidebar looks like this (edited slightly):

<div id="main-wrapper">
    <div class="main-column main-column-narrow f1>
    <div class="sidebar" id="right-column">

While for my custom theme, it's this:

<table id="main-wrapper">
    <tbody>
        <tr>
            <td class="main-column" id="main-column">
            <td class="sidebar" id="right-column">

How is this occurring? The custom theme consists only of images and css, but somehow the page elements are being rendered differently. Is there some form of code change that needs to occur for this theme's tables to become divs?

Please note this issue has only come up in 1.4, it was not occuring in 1.3 or 1.3.5.

Thanks,

Scott

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

24 May 2011, 19:41

Scott,

The tables got changed back to divs in the raw theme, so the problem will be the slightly different header & footer in your custom theme.  You've probably overridden the header & footer templates, so just go and edit them to turn the tables back into divs and all should be well.

R.

Scott Gage's profile picture

24 May 2011, 21:38

That was the exact issue - I was focussing too much on the css files. Thanks for your help!

3 results