Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
1.1.2 problem with my portfolio

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 March 2009, 20:35

Hi. I did the upgrade according to the procedures earlier today, then had to leave for a few hours. Things seem to go smoothly, till I was looking at parts of the site and realized that when I click the My Portfolio menu button, a "Hello, world" comes up... just that on a blank screen. Page source shows no html.  The link is to http://www.goginet.com/view/

I tested using default theme, as well as my own - just to eliminate my theme changes.  Also tested the "My files"  and "My Blogs" links by cut and paste in the URL - those work. It is just the /view, as far as I can see.

I have virtually nothing in my database and no other file changes, other than creating a new theme folder and adding a logo.gif.

Let me know what else I can tell you to help debug the problem,

Jamie

Account deleted

10 March 2009, 21:36

Hi - that looks like either:

1. You have made custom modifications to the Mahara code that you've forgotten about, or
  2. Mahara is including a file that it thinks is its, but is in fact some other file outside of the Mahara tree.

In the latter case, it would pay to examine your include path and trace through the program execution from /view/index.php line by line to see what file seems to be being included that would cause that.

Account deleted

10 March 2009, 22:42

OMG I must be working too hard LOL. You were right, there was an index.html in there.  I double checked and the download is clean.  I think it was from the way I upgraded.  Instead of messing with the original mahara install folder, I added an brand new PHP/static app to my server, install, patch, and then repoint my domain name. Anyway, the new app always creates a default index.html... with Hello, world.  Surprised

Guess I better add that one to my upgrade checklist.  

Sorry Nigel, but thanks again for your many helpful replies.

PS I just realized we must be timshifted like 12 hours or something.  I am in Florida.  I realized I am prone to foolish typos and mistakes on this project, as I am doing it on my own time, late at night or on breaks and lunches.  This one is a classic though :-)  You should create a bloopers forum LOL

Jamie

Account deleted

11 March 2009, 0:01

Heh... I think we must be about 5-8 hours apart, I'm in NZ. mahara.org uses New Zealand time on things like forum posts, so you can compare with your time Wink

Anyway, glad you got it sorted, it did strike me as a very strange error when I saw it!

4 results