Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Forum <--> Mailinglist possible?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 April 2011, 7:31

Hello,

Is it possible for a forum to also act as a mailinglist? Meaning that the user can participate in a forum through their email client as well as on the Mahara site itself (similar to Google or Yahoo Groups).  I know that my participation is likely to be higher if a reply doesn't reqiure logging into Maraha each time there is a new post to a forum.

Thanks,

Mike

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 May 2011, 19:51

I have the exact same question. However I don't think currently that is possible, but would be a great feature for a future Mahara version.

As administrator I receive several replies to the forum messages as direct email messages instead as forum messages, despite the "Please do not reply to this message" warning at the bottom of each forum messge, that seems nobody reads.

I agree that users participation may be increased with the mailinglist <--> forum feature.

Regards, Roberto.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 May 2011, 0:56

Hello Mike and Roberto,

As Roberto already wrote, you cannot currently send emails to discussion forums. I filed a wishlist item at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/775342 You can add further comments there. If you want to garner more interest from the developer community, you can also click on the "This bug affects me" to give it more heat.

Cheers

Kristina

3 results