Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Where is information about Mahara stored

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 April 2011, 0:46

Hi there,

I just installed Mahara and I was wondering were I could edit the default "Show information about Mahara on the home page" content?

that is the one that has the 3 columns (Create and Collect, Organize, and Share and Network column) on the index page.

Thanks

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 April 2011, 3:01

Hi Jerry,

Do you mean the information that is shown above the 3 boxes? You can edit that in Site Administration -> Edit site pages -> Logged-out Home. Strangely, it does not show any text for the default page "Home". You have to choose a different page first and then go back to "Home" to see the text that you can edit.

Or do you want to edit the three boxes?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

09 April 2011, 19:40

It's not the home content but rather the content within those 3 columns... that I want to edit.

I'm still trying to figure out how Mahara creates pages and content.

10 April 2011, 1:11

Hello Jerry,

That information should be in /theme/raw/templates/homeinfo.tpl. As this template file only contains the table, you can adapt it as much as you want and it will be called to the home page. You could also create a different table for a different template. Then you'd have to adapt the primary template file though that the changed homeinfo.tpl is chosen.

As far as I know (have never adapted a theme), everything is based on the raw theme and the other themes only have the changes in them.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

10 April 2011, 13:36

Interesting...

so if I were to create a .tpl file, how could I "call it" or use it on other pages? How does it associate a .tpl file with a page?

10 April 2011, 22:28

Hello Jerry,

That is no code territory which is not my forte. Wink But I think I could find the answer:

homeinfo.tpl is called from within index.tpl (in the same folder for the raw theme). Thus, if you change the content in homeinfo.tpl entirely, you wouldn' have to change anything in index.tpl (most likely). If you want to create another homeinfo.tpl, you'd have to include that in the index.tpl.

Cheers

Kristina

Ruslan Kabalin's profile picture

11 April 2011, 3:49

Alternatively you can disable these three boxes in "Site Administration->Configure site->Site Settings->Show home information page" and insert any html content you need to see on the main page to the content editor (Site Administration->Configure site->Edit site pages).

If you are ready to mangle with templates, the best probaby will be to create a new theme (simply copy existing one) that will be a parent to the default or raw theme (to find out how it is done, see themeconfig.php of the themes that already exist), enable that theme in Mahara, then you can modify templates you need in your new theme. This will leave original templates untouched and they will be overriden with yours.

7 results