Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
how to configure contact.php?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 March 2009, 10:42

Hi,

with a lot of help from the community (special from Heinz Krettek) i was - at last - able to install mahara 1.11 on a shared server (site5.com).

after a lot of problems with file-uploads etc. the last thing, that did not work is the

contact.php

formular!

registry of  new users + mail from the system (user/requestfriendship.php etc. ) is working!

where and how can i configure the contact.php?

greetings from germany!

Account deleted

02 March 2009, 18:37

Hi - what exactly is the issue you are having with the contact.php?
Account deleted

07 March 2009, 16:03

hi Nigel,

the problem is:

the email from the contac.php is not send out -

but all other system emails (registration, postings etc. ) are working ok!

so my question: where is the *setup* for the emai-adress the contact -formular is sent to?

greetings from germany, at the moment @ cebit ...

heiko 

Account deleted

07 March 2009, 21:22

Hi, that is quite strange because all types of emails use the same code for sending. If you can receive registration emails then I would expect you could receive contact.php emails too!

The 'contact us' e-mails are sent to all site admins that have 'email' set as their activity preference for 'Contact Us' mails.

If you go to the Settings tab, then look at Activity Preferences, you should see a 'Contact Us' drop down (if you are site admin), if that drop down is set to 'email' then you should be receiving them.

If it's not set to e-mail then maybe there is a problem on the mail server? It's best in times like these to check your mail server logs to see if an email was sent out.

Account deleted

17 March 2009, 1:43

I have the same problem.

the email from the contact.php (Contact Us Menu) is not send out -

but all other system emails (registration, postings etc. ) are working

All of admin notification for Contact Us has been choosen "Email", but still nothing

Account deleted

19 March 2009, 2:23

Hi, i hope i am coming clother to the real problem!

on my activity preferences

http://netlern.net/mahara111/account/activity/preferences/ 

you find a screenshot here: 

activitypreferences.jpg 

.... the option for  

CONTACT US

is not highlighted!

do i have to enable this option elsewhere? 

greetings!

Heiko 

Account deleted

19 March 2009, 5:47

Hi - that means that it's not required, you can set 'none' for that value Smile. Sadly, it's probably not related Cry
Account deleted

19 March 2009, 10:18

I have found at least one cause of the problem.  Like most folks would do before upgrading or moving their actual production website, I had backed up and run a trial on a development site/server.  Very much like described here, the upgraded and moved database would send emails for other notifications (like send message) but stubbornly refused to send contact us emails to admins.

At least for me, the cause of the problem was that the email to user function in /lib/user.php is taking the noreply address from the database whereas the other notifications are apparently creating the noreply using config setting for the website root URL.  Since I had "moved" the site, it was essentially creating spam that either hosting company or the PHP mail function was simply refusing to send out!

1.  Check your database config table and verify:

1.a    the noreply address setting is valid for your server/URL being used

1.b    the wwwroot is valid for your server/URL being used

When I fixed these my contact us worked perfectly.  I presume #1.b wasn't necessary to fixing this particular problem, but it made sense to change it and I didn't bother to test whether that mod was or both mods were necessary.

Account deleted

20 March 2009, 4:02

Sorry, but it still doesn't work for me. Any other idea?
9 results