Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
still not on

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 February 2009, 23:10

Hello folks,

I'm busy loading mahara and making a little progress I think. This is the error that is popping up. The support service at where I'm hosting said that the public.html doc was redirecting the home page because it had some strange code in it. Anyway, any tips would be appreciated. 

The requested URL /mahara/admin/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Ricardo

Account deleted

01 March 2009, 5:40

Hi Ricardo,

Mahara tries very hard to automatically figure out the URL it should be running on, and gets it right in about 98% of cases.  It sounds like in your case, it's getting it wrong.

However, the way to fix this is simple - just set the $cfg->wwwroot setting in your config.php to the correct URL (remember the trailing /).

Hope that helps.

Penny

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

01 March 2009, 5:43

Hi Ricardo,

please give more info about your setting. Version, db, php??

If you have cpanel access check what files are stored into /admin.

cheers
Heinz

Account deleted

04 March 2009, 2:08

I'm very much a novice at this. I began by downloading mahara onto my laptop. I unzipped the files there. I then loaded the htdocs into my web server. It is hosted by a company called hostmonster. I have cpanel access and I've created a mysql database through the cpanel. What I did notice was that while the moodle database had more than a hundred files in it, the mahara database didn't have one. I think that's one of my big problems.How do I fix that?

I started this project by using the dreamweaver program in windows. I am now trying to use Ubuntu.

The version of mahara that I'm trying to load is version 1.0.9

I'm a graduate student at San Francisco State and my thesis project is to create an electronic portfolio for the high school where I currently teach. This project is due in May. I kind of have my work cut out for me. The end goal is to run mahara and moodle together. Moodle is already in a subdirectory on my site. It works fine. I just have to figure out mahara.

So help if you can. I'll continue to dig. And please let me know if I should give you more information.

best,

Ricardo

Account deleted

04 March 2009, 20:52

Well the tables get into your database when the system is installed. So once you've managed to access Mahara for the first time, the install should begin automatically.

Where exactly have you put the htdocs file? Both the URL and the filesystem path.

Account deleted

04 March 2009, 21:42

Hello Nigel,

My url is isaglobe.org. The htdocs file  has been renamed mahara. That folder is inside the public_  html folder. The mysql database is outside of the public_html file but still on the server.

Hope that makes sense.

best,

Ricardo

Account deleted

04 March 2009, 22:58

Visiting http://isaglobe.org/mahara/ gives me a directory listing, which suggests you haven't installed php?
Account deleted

05 March 2009, 11:09

My account is running php 5.2.8

I know it's a huge question but what other problems might a directory listing suggest?

Account deleted

05 March 2009, 18:44

Hi - I just checked your listing again - it looks like you've missed uploading some files. init.php and index.php at least. Maybe try re-uploading everything to make sure it all finds its way there, then try again?
Account deleted

07 March 2009, 16:25

Hello Nigel,

I reloaded. Do the files all look right?

Ricardo

11 results