Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Maharadroid

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 March 2011, 10:55

The college I attend is using mahara. I want to use maharadroid to upload photos etc to my portfolio. I have watched a youtube clip on the droid app and it seems to have a URL pre entered. My understanding is that the college mahara is run from its own server. Would I have to speak to the admins to get the relevant URL or can I find this myself.

Is there an Iphone equivalent of maharadroid so I can point my fellow students with iphones to it. 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 March 2011, 14:16

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in MaharaDroid. If you have specific question for that, you can also post them in the Mobile Mahara forum.

MaharaDroid only works with Mahara 1.4+. Currently, Mahara 1.4 is still in development, but we are looking at a release at end of April-ish.

You can change the base URL to your own installation. That's the advantage of MaharaDroid: You are not bound to a specific Mahara installation but can use any (as long as it is 1.4 or later). You should be fine by just substitution the base URL with the URL of your installation.

The site admin then needs to allow mobile uploads in the site configuration under General Settings.

There is an iPhone about out (see http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=2422 ) but I have not tested it. I read that you need a plugin. If you test this app, it would be great if you could report back on your experience.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 December 2015, 20:53

Hi Kristina,

Has there been any development on MaharaDroid lately. I would like to be able to get it going on 15.10. I have tried to get it going, but I just get authentication errors and realise that I might not support the latest version of Mahara

Kind Regards

Bevan

Aaron Wells's profile picture

08 December 2015, 11:21

Hi Bevan,

I've successfully run the current MaharaDroid release against 15.10 with no major problems (there are some minor bugs about PHP warnings in the logs, etc, but nothing that should break functionality)

What specific error messages are you seeing?
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 December 2015, 12:41

Hello Bevan,

In addition to what Aaron already said, we are working on a totally revamped MaharaDroid version. It is going to be based on Cordova (PhoneGapp). Since we are expanding some of the functionality, some new API calls are necessary. Once we have the version available (first quarter of 2016 if all goes well), you'll be able to see if you want to patch your 15.10 instance or wait until 16.04 in which we hope to release the final version.

If you want to take a look at the current idea, please see the light-weight specs. At this stage, we are not looking into adding more items to it but rather get the new version out first to bring MaharaDroid to 2016. :-)

Cheers

Kristina

5 results