Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Feedback not enabled

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 February 2011, 3:18

Hi

We have just upgraded to 1.3.3 and have found that some ability to give feedback has disappeared. Prior to the upgrade a tutor was able to click on the details link next to a file that a learner had uploaded and click Place Feddback to give feedback on that individual item. Since the upgrade that Place feedback link is no longer available.

For learners that had uploaded material to their views prior to the upload the tutor can still place feedback.

Is this a bug or is it functionality that has been removed? If it has been removed is there a way it can be put back wihout downgrading, for us it is a very importnat feature of Mahara.

Thanks

Kevin

Account deleted

18 February 2011, 7:40

I have just been looking at this in more detail and wonder whether it has anyting to do with the fact that we are using Office 2010 files (and pdf).  I have added mimetypes in the filetypes.xml file but this has not made any difference.

Grateful for any advice, we have dozens of submitted pieces of work waiting for feedback that we cannot give.

Thanks

Account deleted

21 February 2011, 3:00

I have just done some more delving and find that you cannot give feedback on any files that are uploaded to a view except for image files such as .jpg.

I notice that the Demo site does not allow feedback on individual files also.

Is this a bug or is it a feature that has been intentionally left out of this release?

Thanks

Kevin

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 February 2011, 3:23

Hello Kevin,

You may be interested in reading up on http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=2417

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

21 February 2011, 4:10

Hi Kristina,

Do you know if we can hardcode the option now, as we have several tutors asking about this feature as they could complete this prior to us upgrading to 1.3.3.  I have looked at the link but it does not resolve the issue.

Thanks Belinda

5 results