Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Help cannot get submit Mahara view to Moodle for assessment working

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 February 2011, 5:51

Hi We're using Moodle 1.9.10 and Mahara 1.3.3 and Moodle and Mahara happily integrate with SSO. However whatever I do I CANNOT get the submit a Mahara view to Moodle for assessment working! I have been using the instructions from http://wiki.mahara.org/index.php?title=System_Administrator's_Guide/Moodle%2F%2FMahara_Integration/View_Submission which along with the associated tarballs seems deeply flawed. The guide is not clear where the modules should be unpacked to. I have put them in the mod folder and then Moodle seems to profusley object to them when I go to admin to try to install them. Does anyone have a link to an install guide and tarballs that actually work please?? Thanks very much Clive

12 February 2011, 8:34

Hi Clive,

First install the Mahara-Moodle engine

1. Untar the file "mahara-contrib-mdl19-mod-mahara-master.tar.gz" and find the folder ;ahara which is in the mod folder.
  2. Rename the folder "mahara-contrib-mdl19-mod-mahara" to "mahara"
  3. Place this folder into your Moodle mod folder (e.g. /var/www/mod/)

Now install the the Mahara asignement into Moodle

1. Untar the file "mahara-contrib-mdl19-mod-assignment-type-mahara-master.tar.gz" and rename the folder "mahara-contrib-mdl19-mod-assignment-type-mahara" to "mahara"
  2. Place this folder into your Moodle assignement type folder (e.g. /var/www/mod/assignment/type/)

Finaly you may (or may not) install the outcome feature

1. Untar the file "mahara-contrib-plugin-artefact-outcome-master.tar.gz" and rename the folder "mahara-contrib-plugin-artefact-outcome" to "outome"
  2. Place this folder into your Mahara artefact folder (e.g. /var/www/mahara/artefact)

Finish the installation by enabling the different new plugins in Moodle and in Mahara.

Hope that helps

-dajan

Account deleted

12 February 2011, 9:02

Sorry still doesn't work for me:

When I download the new tarballs from gitorious, install them and try to add the mnet activity I still get the message:

This module cannot be added to this course yet! (No file found at: ../mod/mahara/mod.html)

No sign of mod.html

[root@vle mod]# ls mahara
db  lang  lib.php  rpclib.php  version.php
[root@vle mod]# ls assignment/type/mahara
assignment.class.php  lang

13 February 2011, 10:28

I don't know if this may help someone here, but as Clive asked me by email, I have created a view with screencopies of my server's implementation.

You can find them here (http://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=31786)

Cheers,

-dajan

Account deleted

13 February 2011, 11:35

I've just realised where I've been going wrong! (duh)

Under Moodle Modules > Activties > Manage activties it is necessary to have the eye CLOSED on the Mahara assignment mnet module.

Then when you go to Add an activity to a course, under Assignments you see Mahara Portfolio as the bottom option.

I had been missing this as with the eye OPEN on the Manage Activities > Mahara assignment mnet module my attention on the Add an activity drop down list had immediately been drawn to the unwanted Mahara assignment mnet module option and I had missed seeing the Mahara portfolio option altogether.

Thanks very much to Dajan for inadvertently helping me realise my mistake.

Account deleted

14 February 2011, 5:01

Hi

Can anyone advise me? I've successfully installed the outcome artefact into Mahara, but the Outcomes tab does not appear under a users' My Portfolio section. (If I log in as admin and visit Plugin Administation the outcomes module is listed as installed)

Should the Outcomes tab appear automatically once the outcomes artefact is installed, whether or not a student has submitted a view to Moodle and been been assessed?

Any idea what I am doing wrong now !?

Incidentally I've blogged the entire installation process I used under Linux on the following site:

http://maharabromley.blogspot.com/

Just scroll to the bottom of the blog post.

Thanks in advance

Clive

Account deleted

14 February 2011, 14:51

Hi Clive,

It's been a while since I looked at it but if I remember correctly you won't see the tab at all unless a teacher has marked one of your views on the Moodle side and assigned an outcome to it.  As a student there's not really anything you can do with the outcomes in Mahara except look at them, which you can do in Moodle anyway.

Richard

7 results