Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Group views

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 January 2011, 20:37

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with non-group members being able to view a group view. I have added individuals (non-group members) under 'Edit access - Who can see this view', and even though their name appears they are unable to see the view.

Is there some box I've forgotten to check? Oh, and I am an admin if there is an admin settings box that needs checking.

Thanks, Darelle

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

26 January 2011, 3:25

Hello Darelle,

That's a bit tricky. I just tried it on demo (Mahara 1.3) and got it to work. However, you can't go via the group, but your non-group member needs to know the URL in order to see the group view that has been made available to them.

I can only imagine that as the non-group member can't access anything of the group, e.g. files, discussions, the views are locked down on the group page as well (except for the Dashboard). However, as the non-group member has been given explicit access, she can access the view via the direct URL.

This issue is addressed in Mahara 1.4 and solved there. There will be a navigation item "Shared pages" in "Groups" and you will be able to see all the pages that have been shared with you by any user and any group.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 January 2011, 16:14

Thanks Kristina. I've just checked and it works. It also doesn't work for users who don't have access - a page denied error message comes up - which is good :-)

I'm looking forward to 1.4.

3 results