Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara not picking up new public key

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 January 2011, 17:49

I know there have been a bunch of postings on this, but I haven't found anything that avoids a reinstall or blowing away database entries. If I'm wrong, please point me there, with my thanks.

SSO works like a champ on my Mahoodle install, 'cept, every so often, Mahara fails to snag Moodle's public key, which causes our Moodle-Mahara travelers to get that gentle "Sorry, Mahara couldn't log you on..." message. It's happened maybe 3 times so far since August, which means it is somewhat less often than Moodle's key-regeneration cycle. I can snag the public key from Moodle, and paste it into Mahara's XMLRCP config page, and all is again fine. (Of course, timing, as they say, is everything...it's always over a long weekend that this happens, and my kids miss their Mahara for a couple of days before I notice!)

I do apologize, I haven't looked at the logs.yet bein' as I'm home for that long weekend. Is there a simple fix for this? Commercial cert, OpenSSL and MNet seem to be otherwise cookin' along fine. I'm Windows Server 2008, Apache, Moodle 1.9.9+, Mahara 1.3.2.

1 result