Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Installation problem: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 February 2009, 17:14

Still trying to get Mahara installed ...

I get the following error message:-
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in [...]/config.php on line 90

Line 90 is
$cfg->log_dbg_targets     = LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;
If I comment it out, I get the same error message on Line 91, 92 and so on for all my $cfg lines.

I've checked my PHP version and it is 5.2.8. I should be grateful for any help.

Chris

Account deleted

16 February 2009, 18:20

Hi, this probably means you missed a semi-colon on a line before line 90. Double-check that any lines you've changed have semi-colons at their ends.

If you're still having trouble, post your config file here (without database password Cool) and we can have a look.

Account deleted

17 February 2009, 5:52

Whoops - that was easy - thanks Nigel.

And now this ...
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '[...]/public_html/mahara/lib//xmldb/classes/XMLDBConstants.php' (include_path='[...]/public_html/mahara/lib/:/home/bbablcom/public_html/mahara/lib/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [...]/public_html/mahara/lib/ddl.php on line 72

Any help much appreciated. My config.php file is here.
I think I'm going to take a beginners PHP course or something.

Account deleted

17 February 2009, 16:41

Hi, that seems like you have missed uploading a few files to your server perhaps? Have a double check that the file mentioned is on your server.
Account deleted

17 February 2009, 18:47

Another whoops. I'm now installed all OK, and ready to configure and go. Thanks for your patience with a novice.
Chris

Account deleted

18 February 2009, 4:02

Hi, I now run into a installation problem with the following error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function glob() in /var/www-apps/mahara/lib/mahara.php on line 431

I am doing a clean installation for  1.0.9.  I have already cleaned the installation directory and recreate the DB. But still it gives me this error.   Any advice will be much appreciated.

Ken

Account deleted

18 February 2009, 21:47

Hi - what OS is your system on? The glob() manual page says that it's been around for ever (since php 4.3), but that it isn't available on some OSes.
7 results