Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
New user with Leap2 import

Sigi's profile picture

16 December 2010, 17:02

I am currently encountering a problem with the leap2 import when creating a new user. My Mahara is updated to 1.3 and whatever I do I get the errorlog:

Sorry - Importing the Leap2A file failed.

This could be because you did not select a valid Leap2A file to upload or because the version of your LEAP2A file is not supported by this Mahara version. Alternatively, there may be a bug in Mahara causing your file to fail, even though it is valid.

Anyone else having this problem? Did I come across a bug in MAhara 1.3 ???

Would be grateful for any help!

Sigi's profile picture

21 December 2010, 6:52

Has anybody got the slightest idea how I could solve this problem-....

Sigi

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 December 2010, 0:57

Hi Sigi,

Do you export from a Mahara 1.3 to another 1.3 or from 1.2.x to 1.3?

I don't have trouble importing Leap2A files from a 1.3 into another 1.3. However, I just tested a Leap2A export from a 1.2 installation. When I export the entire portfolio everything is fine. If I only export 1 view I get the error message "Missing leap xml file".

When I export just one view from a 1.3 to another 1.3 there is no error message.

What did you want to import?

Cheers

Kristina

Sigi's profile picture

22 December 2010, 13:47

Hi Kristina,

I was trying indeed to import a Leap file from a Mahara 1.2 install into 1.3 but I had packed all of my views....

I have tried this now in different Maharas, I always get the same error log. I suppose there is s.th. wrong with the export file...

What I do not understand however in the new 1.3 import functionality is the fact that you have the choice of either creating a new user OR only import the Leap2A files... if I don't create a new user with email how can the user then get an email... am I being stupid here????

Here is the screencast I made to illustrate my confusion ..

Regards

Sigi

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 December 2010, 14:36

Sigi,

If it always happens with that particular file, and other files import okay, it's quite possible it's a bug in the exporter or the importer.  We'd need a copy of your file or an error log from your server to have any hope of diagnosing it.  If you could narrow it down to one particular view that causes the problem reliably, that would be extremely helpful too.

It's also possible that it's a bug that has already been fixed in a later version of Mahara, so it would be good to know what exact versions you're using.

Also: when you create a user using a Leap2a file, the email address is taken out of the file.

R.

Sigi's profile picture

06 January 2011, 10:56

Kristina and Richard,

I seem to have somewhat solved my problem: I tried to backup only one view and there were no problems there- apart from the different file structures - not all the files were in the backup... but I suppose this is a problem for the very first buggy Mahara version from which I had taken this view.

It is the view on the MOSEP project which is also linked on the Mahara website. As the Salzburg research people take off this site from the net I had to save my stuff.

So what I did was creating a new user, then gave access to the view for myself, copied the view .. and was disappointed ...arrrgh.... the blogs were not copied with the view, only the flat surface....   Ok, this means I'll have to live with yet another identity as sigi3 ... quite confusing... let's hope for a proper import version to come soon..

Anyway thanks for your support!

Here is the link to the new site of my view  - you may want to change it on the entry site of MAHARA.org. I still need some time to rearrange everything there!

06 January 2011, 15:31

Hello Sigi,

With regard to the blogs not being saved to the copied view: Please make sure that you allowed copying for the blog blocks.

1. Go back to your original user and go into the edit screen of the view you want to copy.
  2. Click on the settings icon for the blog block.
  3. Choose "Others will get their own copy of your Blog Posts" in the drop-down menu under "More Options". That should solve this issue.
  4. Copy your view again.

Cheers

Kristina

Sigi's profile picture

07 January 2011, 11:11

Hi Kristina,

you made my day!!!!!!!! I would have never ever found this feature by myself ... maybe we should make some instruction viseos on this issue... will consider that!

Thank you so much for your help- it worked flawless!

There is however still another problem persisting: I made the view public, it works fine for the first page but when you want to go to the 2nd page, login is required..Cry.  any idea on that issue?

So, here is the final link to the view and I can now "kill" my second identity" ;-)

Have a nice day

Sigi

07 January 2011, 23:40

Hello Sigi,

Great that it now works for you. In regard to the login box coming up when you want to navigate to the second page of your blog, you hit upon a bug. I reported it at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/700218

Cheers

Kristina

9 results