Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Standalone Webpage as Artifact

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

03 December 2010, 19:43

Hi,

our elementary and some middle schools are using a portfolio system that exports standalone webpages. We would like it so that students, once in middle school, they could import those webpages into their Mahara and display in a view.

I am wondering the about the following:

Does Mahara support somehow importing of webpages? As an alternative, is there support for display of IMS packages? I don't see it on the road map and thought I would post the question here.

Thanks

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 December 2010, 16:43

Hi Dirk,

You can display HTML code in a view. I think it strips off everything outside of <body>, but the content should be fine.

You can find that blocktype in a view under "Files, Images and Video".

I am not aware of IMS packages being displayed. Mahara adopted the portfolio standard Leap2A instead of an IMS specification.

Cheers

Kristina

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

21 December 2010, 15:47

Thanks Kristina,

I was thinking more of files within folders that are linked via one single index.html file...kind of like the html export package that Mahara creates. I have come across a few applications (wordpress. drupal, epearl and a couple more I believe) that can export like that. It would be neat if a user could have those functional, although not editable in Mahara.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 December 2010, 1:12

Hello Dirk,

Thanks for the clarification that you want to make a standalone web site available in Mahara. I don't know of a way to do that because every file that is uploaded to Mahara receives a unique ID that is not the original file name. Thus, even if you managed to upload all the files and get the index page displayed, you would have to re-link all the files to the Mahara ID.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results