Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
installation issue - windows 7 home pc with wamp server setup

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 November 2010, 3:38

[ENV] cb Not installed! Please create config.php from config-dist.php
Call stack (most recent first):
  • log_message("Not installed! Please create config.php from confi...", 1, true, true) at C:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\errors.php:121
  • log_environ("Not installed! Please create config.php from confi...") at C:\wamp\www\mahara\init.php:55
  • require("C:\wamp\www\mahara\init.php") at C:\wamp\www\mahara\index.php:32

This is the message that I recieved after following the WAMP installation instructions here: http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator's_Guide/Installing_Mahara/Installing_Mahara_in_Wampserver

I am using Wampserver2.0i and whatever .zip version I just downloaded off the Mahara site.  I am running a Windows 7 PC that more than meets the system requirements.

I did edit the config file just like the directions said to do.  The config.php is placed in the directory C:\Wamp\www\mahara, and this is also the directory that I used for my $cfg->dataroot = '' value in the config.php file.  I dont see how I could have screwed anything else up because all the settings on my machine are basic, still using root mysql settings, localhost for server and followed the rest of the directions to a "T."

I also feel that I should mention that this is the warning that popped up when I got to this point in the installation:

6. Once the database has been created, go to the “localhost” option of Wampserver. You will see that under “Project” (it's called “Your Projects” under Wampserver 2.0h and above), there is a new folder called “mahara”. Click on it in order to complete the installation.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 November 2010, 4:23

After reviewing the Detailed Installation Instructions, I changed my dataroot directory to point to a new folder that Mahara can write files too. I am still getting the same errors.  Should I place config.php in a different folder other than the same folder where the original distribution file was? On my computer it's "C:\wamp\www\mahara"

I didn't see anything telling me to move the file, so I'm assuming it's just not recognizing the file when I click on "Mahara" underneath the "My Projects" section of my Wamp control panel.  If this assumption is correct, than I have no idea what to do to fix it. If someone could offer some advice this would be greatly appreciated.

Stacey Walker's profile picture

23 November 2010, 5:42

Hi Trilogin,

Based on a search of the error you originally posted it seems it is getting to this code in init.php:

if (!is_readable($CFG->docroot . 'config.php')) {
// @todo Later, this will redirect to the installer script. For now, we
// just log and exit.
log_environ('Not installed! Please create config.php from config-dist.php');
exit;
}

I'd suggest looking at the permissions on the config.php and ensure that it is readable by Wampserver

Hope this helps,

Stacey

3 results