Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara Workflow System?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 November 2010, 3:29

Hi,

I was looking for a plugin that would achieve a high level of flexible design for workflow actions within mahara.

Lets say that the Friendship model is based on 2 actors and 2 actions

2 registered users (System Actor)

2 workflow items (actions) [ 1- Request | 2- Accept / Deny ]

Action 1: User A Requests friendship connection with user B

Action 2: User B Accepts friendship connection with user A

What if there are much more complex interactions than this? how is this covered in mahara?

Lets say:

User A edits a document

User A Submits document for approval to User B

User B Edits Document

User B Returns document to User A for revision

User A Edits Document

User A Submits document for approval to User B

User B approves document

User A Submits document for publishing to User C

User C Publishes document

And so on and so forth..

Is there something that addresses this in mahara as of today?

Regards,

-MA

Account deleted

22 November 2010, 4:55

Hello Mahmoud,

What you are describing, basically, is workflow assessment activity, like in Moodle.

My understanding is, because Mahara is based on a constructivist approach, rather than limiting itself to be an e-assessment tool, you can get the collaborative workflow you mention by the submission of a view to a group in which its members may have different editing rights.

For instance, for the translation of the Mahara language package into Spanish, as well as the drawing-up of training materials, we use different views, each of one may include different elements (files, videos, docs). The group members can edit, modifiy and publish any element of the view.

Each member can also send views to the group for reviewing.

I don t know if the example answers your question.

Regards

Mari Cruz

Account deleted

22 November 2010, 6:32

Dear Mari,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Acctually this is not what i had in mind. I was thinking of more and more complex scenarios. Fixed ones, and not flexible so as each user can do whatever they want. I need a workflow system that would allow me to design certain interactions between users pretty much like linkedin.com.

Say for instance you need to design a feature that would allow a user to ask another one to write him and endorsement message. He'd need to send the request to his friends first, then the friends would each reply seperately, the the user would manage these replies by approving some, and asking others for modifications before finally approving them.

This is the sort of interaction i was hoping to accomplish, and i'm afraid that i might be in-front of building each interaction as a separate plugin by itself!

unless someone else has passed this road before me where some need was to create a generic workflow designer system that would help implement such complex scenarios.

hope this clarifies what i was meaning to ask for.

Regards,

-MA

Account deleted

20 October 2011, 6:48

I was wondering if anybody can tell me if such a workflow module exists for Mahara...

I've been looking over the internet using our good old friend Google, but do not find more relevant results than this one.

As Mahmoud was asking I need a module that allows me te define a workflow for content approval. Preferably using grades as well.

Thanks.

Rob.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 October 2011, 19:23

Hello Rob,

There is no such plugin to my knowledge. All the plugins that have been shared with the community are at http://wiki.mahara.org/Plugins

Cheers

Kristina

5 results