Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Site Unavailable after upgrade 1.2.5 mysql DB to 1.3.3 DB

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 November 2010, 20:04

I have mysql DB backup of Mahara version 1.2.5 and restored it via phpmyadmin. Then I upgraded Mahara software from 1.2.5 version into 1.3.3.

Mahara 1.3.3 told me that the database upgrade process was success. Then I can see the login screen. But when I tried to log in using my user, it was failed. I saw error message :

Student Space: Site Unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system
I see in apache error.log, there is nothing.
I also tried to fresh install Mahara 1.3.3. After the installation finish, I can't see option how to import data from my backup database.
Any ideas how to fix it?
Account deleted

22 November 2010, 6:14

Finally, I found the solution (I think).

I change the value of Learning artefact from 1 to 0 via phpmyadmin. I found the artefact at artefact_installed table.

Once it changed, I'm able to log in anymore.

But I still have the problem. If I clicked Administer Extension --> Plugins Adminstration, I still got Site Unavailable error.

I didn't find anything at my apache error.log. And I already turn on display_error parameter and log_error parameter in php.ini file. But no luck.

I don't have mahara dataroot folder. The only backup that I have is only Database dump.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks

Ali Hastie's profile picture

23 November 2010, 15:41

Hi Pungki

You mentioned the Learning artefact, I take you have the My learning plugin installed while you were on version 1.2?

There is an upgraded version of this plugin if you have not upgraded to the 1.3 version found here:

http://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=11052

You will need to revert back to version 1.2 extract the new version to Mahara then go to administration and upgrade the My learning plugin. Once you have done this try upgrading to Mahara version 1.3.3.

Hope it helps

Ali

Account deleted

27 November 2010, 1:31

Sorry for late reply.

Thank you for your suggestion. It's works!!

Here's what I did :

Fixed Site Unavailable error, because of Learning artefact module.  

1. Download learning-2010071400.zip file from http://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=11052
  2. Extract it
  3. Copy learning folder into /var/www/your_mahara_folder/artefact
  4. Change owner to www-data (recursive) and group learning folder to root (recursive)
  5. Login into Mahara and check it from Administer Extension --> Plugin Administration
  6. It should be Done.

Upgrade Mahara from 1.2.5 --> 1.3.3

1. Download mahara-1.3.3.zip from its website
  2. Extract it
  3. Copy all files/folder inside htdocs --> /var/www/your_mahara_folder
  4. Enter mahara site.
  5. Do database upgrade.

Create cron job for Mahara

1. Login as root
  2. crontab -e  10 * * * * http://your_mahara_website/lib/cron.php
4 results