Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Seeing people views I have access to

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 November 2010, 19:03

Hi there,

I have come across a slight problem in that if you are given a view to see another's portfolio apart from going into the notification link to see the view or accessing the view through groups (if you are actually part of that group). I cannot find an easy way to look at these views.  How can you see a list of the people you have rights to view their portfolios in an easy way?

Many thanks,

Heidi Humphrey

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 November 2010, 14:46

Hello Heidi,

You can always access somebody's view from their profile page. For each person you see the views to which you have access. Only the owner can see whoelse has access to that view, but not you. I think that is for privacy reasons.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

10 November 2010, 15:46

Hi Kristina,

I am not wanting to see who else has access to the views I just need an easy way of seeing who I have access to. Is there a way of doing this apart from through the notification that is sent when the view is given.

Many thanks,

Heidi

10 November 2010, 18:22

Hello Heidi,

No, currently, there is no way of getting a list of people to whose views you have access. you'd have to remember who these people are and go to their profile pages. Or you could put them all in a group and have access to their views more easily that way.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

10 November 2010, 20:22

Hi Kristina,

Can I please propose that this option gets added as a future request. It would be very useful to have.

Many thanks for your assistance,

Heidi

10 November 2010, 22:58

Hello Heidi,

You can always raise feature requests on Launchpad at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug This is our bug and feature tracker. There it is easier to keep track of these issues. Furthermore, others can vote on the feature / bug to bring it up in importance. See also http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=2271

Cheers

Kristina

6 results