Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Top menu

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 February 2009, 8:01

Hi,

I'm trying to hide one of the top menu options but I can't find the file containing the list. Does anyone know where I can find this to edit it?

Carl.

Account deleted

12 February 2009, 9:09

Hi Carl!

It depends on whether you're wanting to hide a core option or a plugin one ... the main ones are in lib/web.php in either mahara_standard_nav (head) or main_nav (stable), (or admin/instutitional admin methods too), and the artefact plugins get to insert their own items in their menu_item method (see for example artefact/file/lib.php)

Hope that helps!

Penny

Account deleted

12 February 2009, 9:10

By the way, I also started working on being able to disable entire plugins (this will be in 1.2 though, so something to look forward to)
Account deleted

13 February 2009, 6:02

Thanks for the info.

I'm trying to diable the entire groups plug-in. So far I've stripped out all of the folders and nothing seems to have broken elsewhere so I'm hoping getting rid of the tab will be enough to sort out the problem.

Account deleted

13 February 2009, 7:05

Then you should be able to edit the function in lib/web.php that creates the menu item - it's in my first reply to you :)
Account deleted

13 February 2009, 7:14

Getting rid of the groups-related code in lib/web.php seems to have worked.
Account deleted

25 August 2009, 7:51

I have installed Mahara 1.2b1 and disabled Myviews plugin...Why menu Views is visible and active?

Sorry for my poor english...

Nicola

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

25 August 2009, 12:23

Hello Nicola,

greetings from the Black Forest Wink

In the admin area ("admin/extensions/plugins.php") you can disable the plugin  blocktype "myviews". This action is not the way to disable the menu "My View"in the "My portfolo" menu. The only way to achieve this is to modify the Mahara source code.

Feel free if you need assistance ;-)

Heinz

8 results