Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Feedback on artefacts vs on views

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 October 2010, 8:00

Hi,

I have a query from one of our staff members about why it seems possible to place feedback on individual images added to a view (either added using the Image block, or as a Folder block), but it doesn't seem possible to give feedback on files which are added to a View in this way.

I can see the logic in his query, that he wants the feedback to be targetted to the artefact, and for the student to then be able to see an aggregated set of feedback on that artefact, regardless of the view where the artefact (file) was used.

Any feedback appreciated

Andy

Account deleted

25 October 2010, 5:58

Hi Andy,

It may be worth posting in the Pedagogy forum since this may have been a pedagogical design choice.

Hope that this helps,

Andrew

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

25 October 2010, 6:12

Hi Andy,

Do you mean that the teacher can't give feedback when an image is displayed directly, i.e. you can see it in a view?

That is easily solved: Click on the image and you are taken to the detailed artefact page where you can provide feedback.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

25 October 2010, 10:22

Hi Kristina,

Teachers are able to give feedback on images using the method you've described.

They want to be able to use the same method to give feedback on individual artefacts such as PPT, DOC, PDF etc.

Regards,

Andy

Account deleted

25 October 2010, 17:58

Hi Andy,

You're right, it's not there yet, and there's no particularly good reason.  The basic infrastructure is there to allow comments to be enabled on individual artefacts.   We should add an 'allow comments' checkbox on all files (like the one that appears when editing blog posts).

There is also a hardcoded default that turns the allow comments setting on for image artefacts.  This could easily be extended to all files, but it's probably best if we add the checkboxes.

Account deleted

28 October 2010, 7:31

Thanks for the reply Richard,

Is there a formal place to place this enhancement request?

andy

Account deleted

28 October 2010, 8:58

You can submit a new feature request using the bug tracker - only slightly confusing ;)

One of the options under Extra Options is Importance. You can select Wishlist.

Cheers,

Andrew

30 October 2010, 19:57

Hello,

Unless I am wrong, you can add comments to any uploaded file. At least I could on demo.mahara.org (1.3). My answer for the feature request at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/668236 :

Any uploaded file can receive comments. When you use "File(s) to Download", you get a "Details" link which will take you to the artefact page where you can leave a comment. If you choose "A Folder", you can click on the file and get to the artefact page.

Cheers

Kristina

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

31 October 2010, 17:27

On 1.3.1. you can't. In the demo you can; probably because the developers tinker with it :)

31 October 2010, 18:48

Hello Dirk,

That feature worked already in 1.2. Do you not see the "Details" page at all or is it just that you can't comment? If the latter is the case, then maybe the student disallowed comments on that particular view but allowed them for the view in which he has the images.

Cheers

Kristina

21 results