Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Views not displaying in Group Dashboard

Sam Taylor's profile picture

12 October 2010, 7:04

Is this a known issue? Anyone else come across this? We have fixed-width of 986 (ish) applied to our build so could this be causing it?

Sam

(Using 1.3.0)

12 October 2010, 7:16

Just noticed that they don't display in the groups on this site either :(

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 October 2010, 20:15

Hi Samantha,

Are you able to provide a more detailed explanation on this issue? Steps to reproduce your problem would be great!

I may be able to help :).

13 October 2010, 4:28

Hiya Eugene,

I really hope you can :(

I put together a view: http://mahara.org/view/view.php?t=arjUsSx1PeziY6FHR2bq

Best regards,

Sam

PS: It's not just my issue - my lecturers are also reporting this issue too

Account deleted

13 October 2010, 5:14

Hi Sam,

Just tried this on 1.3.2 to see if the updates had any affect and no luck. Possibly a bug?

Stacey Walker's profile picture

13 October 2010, 9:12

Hi,

I've just had a look into how this blocktype works and, provided I understand the issue correctly, I do believe that it is behaving correctly.  

The descriptive sentence under the blocktype icon for "Group views" is "Display views shared with the group".  That indicates that it isn't going to display all views, including those created/owned by the group itself, but only those that have been shared and/or submitted by members.

Therefore, the group owned/created views are only listed under the 'views' tab and as the view count displayed in the overview box of the dashboard view and only views that have been shared/submitted by members are displayed as part of the 'Group Views' blocktype content.  Shared/submitted views are not added to the count of total views in the dashboard view or displayed under the 'views' tab.

I have tested this on my development instance of 1.3.0 and was able to see this working as I expected. 

Let me know if I have misunderstood the problem though and I can have another look.

Thanks,

Stacey

Account deleted

13 October 2010, 10:23

Hi Stacey,

I see the same behavior in the Views shared with the group. However it would eb nice o have the group views (views created by the group) appear in the dashboard. That way group admins can draw attention to the views the group is co creating, instead of requiring users to go to a tab. I am not sure if it needs a new block type to separate out views shared with group vs views made by the group or if the behavior of the existing block should be modified to include all views create by and shared with the group.

What is the best way to make the request for the change?

13 October 2010, 10:40

I agree :)

Stacey Walker's profile picture

13 October 2010, 14:06

It appears that Kristina has created a bug report for the item here https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/659679 so that's a good start :)

I have added an extra note there with the information from this forum.

Stacey

13 October 2010, 10:39

Aha! Yes you are correct! I had expected it to show the group's views (and so did all my lecturers).

I believe then everything is fine with this feature. I wonder how many people mis-interpreted that too?

Thanks for your help,

Sam

14 results