Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Twitter and Skype filters

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 September 2010, 20:16

In the extensions > html filters panel of the administrator screen, it says html filters can be installed, and that currently there are filters for skype and twitter.  I have not seen where these filters show up elsewhere in the Mahara site.  Can anyone offer any guidance?

Also, while on the topic of html filters, one of the users of our site would like to include Mindmeister widgets.  Is this a type of html filter that can be installed?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 September 2010, 21:53

Hello Tim,

A question for Mindmeister: Do you want to embed the editor or do you want to use the API Methods?

A Mindmeister file can be embedded via an iframe in general. However, last I tried to embed an iframe in Mahara, that didn't work. You can embed anything that has an embed or object tag.

Richard will know more on the technical side and should also be able to answer your question on the HTML filters.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 September 2010, 17:46

Tim,

The filters are used to stop potentially dangerous bits of html from getting stripped out when user-created content is displayed on a page.  There are a couple of threads on this already if you need more information.

From 1.3, 'safe' object and embed tags won't be stripped out, so there is no longer any need for filters for the embed code for sites like youtube.

The skype & twitter ones are still there so that users can paste javascript skype & twitter badges into the html editor and not have them stripped out.

I think iframe tags will be stipped by htmlpurifier, so if mindmeister widgets require iframes, you'll need a filter.  I don't know if such a filter exists.

R.

3 results