Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Turn user self-registration off

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 February 2009, 15:50

Hello,

I'm brand new to Mahara. Is there a way to turn the user registration link off that is on the front page, in the log in section? I don't want users to be able to register themselves, but rather I add them as needed.

Thanks.

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

05 February 2009, 17:07

Hi Steve,

if you want to disable the registration for your Mahara site you have to checkout the checkbox "Registration allowed?"

at  ../admin/users/institutions.php   in the admin area "Institutions".

Greetings from the black forest 

Heinz

Account deleted

05 February 2009, 18:24

Hi Steve - it's as Heinz says, although this won't remove the 'register' link from the homepage - it'll just mean users can't actually register when they visit the link. Fixing up this behaviour is part of this feature request.
Account deleted

05 February 2009, 20:18

Thanks Heinz and Nigel for the quick response! That did it. And having the Registration link there is fine as long as it is disabled. Sorry about having to ask. I searched since late last night for a way to disable it. I overlooked the Edit link next to "No Institution". I'll have to go back over everything much more carefully to see what else I missed.

Nice application Nigel. Thanks for your and other's work on it.

Steve

Flagstaff, Arizona

Account deleted

06 July 2011, 16:30

It appears that this post was answered long ago but I'll post this for anyone else that is interested.

I've disable registration with the institutions but people can still create accounts so use a web server redirect to my Moodle registration.

Redirect /path/registration.php http://moodle.site/alternate-registration.php

Aaron

5 results