Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
mime_magic warnings

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 June 2010, 0:14

Hello. I just finished a Mahara 1.2.5 installation on a shared hosting service. Everything went fine, I had to add the .htaccess file to disable magic_quotes and it worked. Now there are mime_magic warnings all over the place. It seems that no matter if I close the warnings it kept showing up.

I asked my ISP about enable mime_magic and they told me they won't do it, since mime_magic creates too much overhead on the server and is very much used. So they said. So I have no way of having it enabled.

I wonder if I can just disable this warning which is the only thing that is keeping me from publishing the site.

You can see it at: http://www.korgfans.com

Many thanks

Account deleted

17 June 2010, 16:20

Hi Martin,

You can suppress these errors by editing your config.php file and changing the line that reads:

$cfg->log_environ_targets = LOG_TARGET_SCREEN | LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;

to:

$cfg->log_environ_targets = LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;
Account deleted

17 June 2010, 18:33

It worked, many thanks Richard. Although there was no line like that in the confir.php, so I just added it.

Cheers

Account deleted

07 July 2010, 16:25

Hello Richard,

I did what you suggested, after that the error was gone, but my german default language, too.

Look at http://mahara.kscr.net/

Any idea?

After restoring the old setttings in config.php the language is still English. Even if I choose German it stays English. The German files are installed correctly because I used it since 1.2.3.

Henning

Account deleted

07 July 2010, 20:36

Are you just choosing the language on that front page?  To make it the default you need to log in as admin and change the language on the site options page.

Account deleted

09 July 2010, 7:35

I have chosen German as default language.

Even if I change the language as admin logged in. Language does not change it stays English.

Henning

Account deleted

01 September 2010, 7:18

Hi Richard

I clicked on the Register Site link and got the following error message.

Registation failed with error code 417. Please try again later.

Is there a solution for this one?

Many thanks

Adrian

Account deleted

01 September 2010, 17:13

For some reason your server is having trouble reaching mahara.org.  I haven't seen this problem before, but hopefully someone else can help.

Account deleted

01 September 2010, 7:05

Hi

Re: ($cfg->log_environ_targets = LOG_TARGET_SCREEN | LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;)

I cannot find this line in the config.php either.  Does it matter where in the config.php I put this line?

Account deleted

01 September 2010, 16:41

Hi Adrian,

You can put it anywhere in config.php.

However, we've just uploaded a stable release that includes the fix for this issue, so if you upgrade, you shouldn't have to mess with config.php at all:

https://launchpad.net/mahara/1.2/1.2.6

R.

14 results