Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
view the uploaded html file in new windows

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 May 2010, 5:30

I wonder it is possible to do following,

1. Upload html contents using zip file.

2. I get the link to the index.html or default.html file and link it to some word in my blog.

3. If user clicks the link, then new windows open with html contents.

I found that the link to the file in artefact is for download only. I cannot use it other than downloading.

It will be good if we can see the html contents in the browser.

Thanks.

Jong-Dae

Craig Eves's profile picture

16 May 2010, 22:38

Hi Jong-Dae

I am not quite understanding what you are wanting to do.

It is possible to upload html files as a zip file and then unzip them to MyFiles area

It is possible to create a hyperlink to any file in myfiles (right click on file and select copy link location and paste this to the insert/edit link menu and select  target - new window)

What is it you are trying to do with the html content - are you trying to create a whole website with relative links to graphics file?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 May 2010, 1:01

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is possible to create a hyperlink to any file in myfiles.

For example, I got a link for a index.html file.

http://demo.mahara.org/artefact/file/download.php?file=97948

I want to give assignment to create e-learning contents using Adobe Presenter. The output of this tool is a zip file with an index.html file in it.

If I uploaded the contents folder in the webserver and link the index.html file only, I could access the all contents without problem. It also worked in Moodle.

However, I could not view the index.html file in Mahara. I only got an alert message saying that I can download the file. I don't want to download it, I just want to see it in the browser.

Thanks. 

3 results