Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Adding user to Mahoodle after manual registration?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

30 March 2010, 12:22

Hello,

Is it possible to change the authentication of a user with a manual user account to a networked Mahoodle account? All the settings that I looked at were the same for a user coming from Moodle vs. a manually registered user. As the students used their standard Moodle login to register in Mahara, they cannot create a second (proper) account that is integrated with Moodle. As they have already started on their portfolio, I did not want to delete them (and though the import plugin seems to be installed, I can't find an import button).

Which solution do you suggest?

Thanks in advance

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 March 2010, 18:07

Hi Kristina,

You should be able to do this in the admin section by editing the user's account settings.

You need to change the Authentication Method from "Internal (No institution)" to whatever you named the XMLRPC authentication instance for your Moodle institution.

You'll also have to set the "Remote username" field to the person's Moodle username.

Also, if the user has already jumped from Moodle to Mahara and had a second (empty) Mahara account created for them automatically, you may need to delete the empty account first, or else you might get two Mahara users linked to one Moodle username.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 March 2010, 15:11

Thanks, Richard. I changed it to the XMLRPC setting. I just received a student's feedback that it worked. Smile I had not used that setting because all other accounts that were created by coming from Moodle have just the regular "internal (Mahoodle)" setting.

Kristina

3 results