Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Auth Plugin display name

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 March 2010, 5:40

Hello

I'm trying to create my own auth module based on the SAML code.  I got a display problem when I first create an instance on the institution screen. 

When I try to add an instance, it shows the popup for config parameters which looks good.  Then when I click Submit, there is one entry added to the Authentication plugin list, but with no name.  The up arrow and cross icons are there though.  When I save this institution setting and come back again, it can show the name normally and works ok afterwards for editting.

I guess I missed something in the save_config_option function?  I have a 'authname' field in the $values array which is returned at the end.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Jim

Account deleted

15 March 2010, 13:44

Hi Jimmy

can you paste the relevant code here?  You can also live-debug using the log_debug etc functions (depending on the log targets you have set in config.php)

Account deleted

18 March 2010, 4:41

Hi Penny,

Thanks for your reply.   I think I got it - the SAML code has this issue as well.  The  "instancename" was never initialized in the class nor is it in the default $elements array, causing it null and hence the display issue for the first time it is created.  Could be a bug?

Could you share more on the debug options that can be set in config.php?  I didn't realize the debug function and looks like it could help a lot.

Jim

Account deleted

18 March 2010, 5:36

It could be a bug. You'd have to ask Piers, he wrote the SAML plugin.

About the log targets.  There are various different log_ methods depending on what level. log_debug, log_info, log_warn and log_environ.  Then there are corresponding log targets, which is what is set in config.php.  They are a bitmask of where you want the different levels to go, eg LOG_TARGET_SCREEN | LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG.

Hope that helps :)

Account deleted

18 March 2010, 6:14

Great info, thanks!  I'll try.

Jim

5 results