Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Any TRICKS for displaying a View on the home page or accessing public views?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 February 2010, 23:16

Hi there

I would really like to display a View in the home page. A View that has a blog about the site development, etc.  That would be such a simple way of maintaining the home page. Do you know any tricks to do this?

What about public views? It seems that public pages are only available if you know the direct url to get to one. Are there any tricks for accessing all public pages from the home page or creating a site map / access for google to index them?

Account deleted

14 February 2010, 21:47

Is there a way to display all available public Forums in an alphabetic sorted List like in Manage Users? This View should be available Publicly!! so that also NON registered users can have a look there. For Posting they need to login!

Actually it would something similar as what you have here on your site!

Thanks Andi 

Account deleted

22 February 2010, 22:39

I agree.

It would be great to have the option of publically displaying public forums, profiles, pages. These could be listed (accessible from the logged out home page) if the administrator wanted to promote the public sharing of information and to create a higher profile on the web.

Account deleted

22 February 2010, 23:38

Hi Paul

Check out this here. I guess it would be a big step ahead to get this running. 

[Bug 525583] [NEW] RSS for forum posts and other views

When it is possible to create various RSS feeds to different Categories (Tags) Than all these Feeds could be stored in a list in your Portfolio. Similar to what we are doing with the RSS feeds for different Jobs in our Job Database http://www.phuketict.com/jobs/rss/

This could be combined with widgets which could be provided in the same manor like this:

http://www.phuketict.com/jobs/widgets/

Than everyone would be able to use it also as a widget on their homepages, blogs, bloggerspace and more. It would be a great tool also to promote people! 

4 results