Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Problems with access from Moodle

Mike Korn's profile picture

27 January 2010, 23:11

New to Mahara and have encountered a problem that I would like some advice on. When I first started, I mistakenly opened linked Moodle to Mahara using a local IP address that can only be accessed on our campus. When those outside try to get in, the server times out. I realized this after teachers and students started putting in data and adding artifacts.

I would like to know if I have to relink them again with the correct IP and if so, would I lose any existing data if I do so.

Perhaps I should clarify further. Initially, I followed the document called "Integrating Mahara with Moodle". When I looged on as the admin in Moodle I messed up on the step when I went to Aministration > Networking > Peers and added my Mahara site. I used the local IP there. When I go back there in Moodle, there is only the options to delete the existing Mahara site or add a new one. 

If I repeat the process and add a new one, will the current data in the Mahara site still be there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Mike 

Sorry for the repeat post - I originally posted this in a different forum, but thought this would be a better place.

28 January 2010, 10:51

Hi Mike,

I put an answer in the other forum.

Regard,

-dajan

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 February 2010, 22:14

Hi Dajan 

WHERE?

Could you please post the link to it

THX

Andi 

Mike Korn's profile picture

14 February 2010, 23:37

Here is an update/solution:

First I had to change the IP address of Mahara. I did a MySQL dump and did a find/replace with the old IP and new. and then deleted the old database and used the dump file to create a new one with the correct IP. 

Then I followed this to get a new Public Key - http://wiki.mahara.org/Developer_Area/Changing_Hostnames. I skipped this step the first time around and it threw an error about conflicting IPs , but that did the trick.

Then I followed all the steps here to link them back together.

All the data was still there - whew!

4 results