Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Basic questions

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 January 2010, 18:28

Hi there

I have a few questions as a new user that are probably quite easy to answer. I'm playing around and yet I haven't quite got how it all comes together.

How do non-logged in visitors see any public views? When I'm on the home page and not logged in there is no menus or access to anything other than the login box. (I have 'Allow Public Views & Profiles' set to Yes)

What are the Site Views used for?

Is there a way to put public Views on the home page?

Here is a simple one: Are views made in My Portfolio and then put in My Profile automatically? So My Profile is the main viewing area for Views?

I do have one Firefox glitch...

This happens on Firefox, but not IE. I have to relog in to each admin menu item. Then for the 'Edit Site Pages' and the 'Links and Resources Menu' I also get a popup asking for login details. This keeps asking me and reappears. I have to go back 2 pages. So I'm unable to access these 2 pages with Firefox. (3 days ago I could access these pages with Firefox). Any suggestions?

Thank you :-)

- Paul

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 January 2010, 15:20

Answer about Site Views is at http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=979

Plus once 'allow copy' is selected in 'Edit Access' more options are displayed...
    copy for new users; copy for new groups; & for membership type

2 results