Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Error during install

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 January 2010, 18:03

Hi there

This is the error I'm getting...

Warning: require_once(/home/pault7/public_html/m/auth/lib.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pault7/public_html/m/lib/errors.php on line 143

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/pault7/public_html/m/auth/lib.php' (include_path='/home/pault7/public_html/m/lib/:/home/pault7/public_html/m/lib/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pault7/public_html/m/lib/errors.php on line 143

The code in errors.php is

function log_message ($message, $loglevel, $escape, $backtrace, $file=null, $line=null, $trace=null) {
    global $SESSION, $CFG;
    if (!$SESSION && function_exists('get_config') && $CFG) {
// line 143 is the next one
        require_once(get_config('docroot') . 'auth/lib.php');           
        $SESSION = Session::singleton();

The file /auth/lib.php doesn't exist on my install.

Yes, it is on shared hosting. Hope its not that.

There are no corresponding errors on the server log.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Paul

Account deleted

24 January 2010, 0:24

Hi Paul.

I had a similar issue and it was a glitch that happend when I renamed my main folder out on the web. I ended up uninstalling and unzipping the package again then re-uploading to the server. Once I changed the config file as in the instructions, it worked like a charm.

Good luck!

Account deleted

24 January 2010, 13:13

Thanks Christy. I had a suspicion something when wrong when I moved the files up a directory on the server. So I'll get on and reintall :-)

Account deleted

24 January 2010, 13:56

...   Yippee! I've got the license agreement page!

The steps I took were:

1. reinstall mahara. I had somehow lost files when moving them.
  2. set the dataroot path (config.php) to include the shared hosting prefix (e.g. /home/pault7/public_html/maharadata)
  3. commented out the php_flag commands in .htaccess to stop the 500 Internal Server Error

4 results