Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Sidebar Blocks

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 January 2010, 15:31

Hi,

Where are the sequences for the sideblocks stored at? I added some new blocks but, need to define the sequences for each one. I also need to define them to display for loggedin users or logged out users. It can't be all that hard to do.

Also how do you hide the sidebar on certain pages? I am working on removing the sidebar from the homepage for logged out users. I will implement another method for users to login. On the about us, terms, privacy, etc.. pages I would like to add different sidebars to them. I have seen this on other mahara sites, but sure how they did this. If this post needs to better explained please let me know and I will do so. Thanks in advance for any help!

Account deleted

21 January 2010, 15:43

I think the functions would be in the /lib/web.php file for the sideblocks. If I am wrong please let me know.

Thanks

Account deleted

21 January 2010, 18:36

I am right with the web.php controlling the sequences for the sideblocks. However how can I define to show certain blocks on certain pages and exclude certain blocks from the same pages? Hope that makes sense.
Account deleted

23 February 2010, 9:03

I can't seem to find and understand some issues with how the sidebar works in mahara. We have added more blocks to the sidebar. However certain blocks dissappear on certain pages. For us we need all blocks to display for users. Does anyone know what is doing this?
Account deleted

15 March 2010, 15:50

The sideblocks are defined in $SIDEBLOCKS in the smarty function in lib/web.php
Account deleted

15 March 2010, 16:02

Penny,

Boy you're really on working hard on the forums today:) I should have wrote something here about it being resolved. It's was an issue with my code that I figured out after looking through every line in the sideblocks section.

Here's an idea for the forums. Maybe there could be an option that allows people to select from a few choices. Open and resolved might work well. When the issue is resolved than the person could select resolved. It's just an idea, I try to state that I found a solution. 

Cheers:)

6 results