Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Changing primary email address

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 January 2010, 1:30

Hi all,

Maybe a dumb question, but how can a user change their primary email address? Can see how to add new addresses, but not to change the primary one. Does this require 'behind the scenes' work?

Mark.

Account deleted

19 January 2010, 1:43

There's a radio button on the profile page for selecting your primary email address, but it seems that there's nothing on the page to tell you that's what the radio button is for :(
Account deleted

19 January 2010, 17:06

Beside the primary e-mail there is a red x, maybe there could be a string added that states Primary E-mail. I have thought about doing it but, haven't had the time yet. I am sure there are other ways to do it as well. That's just my two cents:)
Account deleted

28 January 2010, 10:25

Does said radio button "works" also in a Moodle-Mahara integration? The primary email address in mahara comes from the email in the moodle profile, right?

I'm basically asking because I'm having an "unexpected" behavior when adding new email addresses in my mahara profile.

TIA.
Account deleted

28 January 2010, 12:10

I believe if your mnet is set up so Mahara passes data to Moodle (rather than the other way round) this should be possible provided that you assign your new address as  primary/default first.

I know that we push users from Moodle to Mahara and because we have institutional email addresses in a locked field in Moodle you should only be able to add addresses to Mahara rather than change them and theoretically even if you did it would change back next time you roamed in from Moodle.

Theoretically being the keyword Foot in mouth 

5 results