Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problems with update / Reapplying Customized code

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 November 2009, 9:27

Hi,

I just tried to update our mahare installation to 1.2 by making a copy to XAMP. Unfortunately the update isn't running through smoothly. While updating the database I get the following error:

:( Could not execute command: ALTER TABLE "mahara_artefact_blog_blogpost_file" RENAME TO "mahara_artefact_attachment"

Call stack (most recent first):
  • execute_sql("ALTER TABLE {artefact_blog_blogpost_file} RENAME T...") at C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\collabuni\lib\db\upgrade.php:909
  • xmldb_core_upgrade("2009022614") at C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\collabuni\lib\upgrade.php:297
  • upgrade_core(object(stdClass)) at C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\collabuni\admin\upgrade.json.php:93

I need to work on a local copy of the mahara code to be able to reapply a number of customizations (mainly work on theme and a few changes in the navigation we applied after some usability testing). I heard about you guys keeping the code in a git repository to track changes. Is it difficult to set up an own repository? This would be way easier than documenting all changes in a Wiki. Unfortunately the mahara support articles introducing "git" aren't complete yet.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!
Alex

Account deleted

25 November 2009, 13:10

Ah sorry empty tables weren't included in my import to my local installation. ALTER TABLE was succesfull. Unfortunately now I get:

:( Could not execute command: CREATE TABLE mahara_import_event_subscription ( id BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, plugin VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, event VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL, callfunction VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT PRIMARY KEY (id), CONSTRAINT mahara_impoevensubs_plu_fk FOREIGN KEY (plugin) REFERENCES mahara_import_installed (name), CONSTRAINT mahara_impoevensubs_eve_fk FOREIGN KEY (event) REFERENCES mahara_event_type (name), CONSTRAINT mahara_impoevensubs_pluevec_uk UNIQUE (plugin, event, callfunction) )ENGINE=innodb

Call stack (most recent first):
  • execute_sql("CREATE TABLE mahara_import_event_subscription ( ...", true) at C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\collabuni\lib\dml.php:1368
  • execute_sql_arr(array(size 3), true, true) at C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\collabuni\lib\ddl.php:604
  • create_table(object(XMLDBTable)) at C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\collabuni\lib\db\upgrade.php:996
  • xmldb_core_upgrade("2009022614") at C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\collabuni\lib\upgrade.php:297
  • upgrade_core(object(stdClass)) at C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\collabuni\admin\upgrade.json.php:93

Account deleted

25 November 2009, 13:25

Hi Alex,

Can you paste that CREATE TABLE statement directly into MySQL and see what the error message is?

About your other question, yes we do use git. If you visit http://git.mahara.org/ there are basic instructions for how to clone our repository.  There's also http://wiki.mahara.org/Developer_Area/Getting_Code_from_Git which as you say, isn't very complete.  However, it's enough for someone familiar with git, so I guess maybe other than that you'd be best to read up on how to use git ;)  There are heaps of very good tutorials out there.  If you're already familiar with cvs or subversion you probably have quite a lot to "unlearn" though.

If you want to start using git and run into trouble, come to our irc channel #mahara on freenode, and someone might be able to help.

Account deleted

25 November 2009, 14:15

Hi Penny,

spent the day reading on subversion and git. It's definetly worth looking into and I already found a pretty good introduction.

Mysql error message:

#1005 - Can't create table 'social.mahara_import_event_subscription' (errno: 150)

thx Alex

Account deleted

25 November 2009, 15:14

Argh, I have no idea how to make mysql be more verbose than that, error 150 seems to be a foreign key violation, but I can't see what the problem is.

What version of mysql do you have?

Account deleted

25 November 2009, 15:39

It's MySQL 5.1.37

Does that help? :( 

Account deleted

25 November 2009, 16:17

You have the same problem that some other folks have in this thread: http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=1228
7 results