Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahara/Moodle: profile picture doesn't link

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 November 2009, 17:32

Hi Everyone,

We recently migrated Moodle and Mahara to a dedicated server and upgraded to Moodle 1.9.5. We are having a couple of issues, but one is Mahara used to get the profile pictures from Moodle, however this is no longer happening. Also, it seems to create a new profile icon option each time a user logs in and out of Mahara. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated! 

Cheers, Lauren

Account deleted

21 November 2009, 4:58

Hi Lauren,

Is there anything in your error log for either moodle or mahara?  if mahara can't fetch the profile image from moodle, it would probably be complaining about it in the logs.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a new profile icon option" - can you maybe make a screenshot of this?

Account deleted

01 December 2009, 15:02

Hi Penny,

Thanks for your reply, here is the screen shot.  It seems like it is creating new user icons each time I login too. I'll delete them and they will come right back. I don't get any error messages but I'll ask our network guys to check the logs. 

Thanks, Lauren

Account deleted

15 March 2010, 15:08

Hi & sorry for the abysmally late reply.  You were going to get back to me with more information about whether you found anything in the server logs?

Meantime that link to the screenshot doesn't work for me :( Just redirects to the Moodle (not Mahara) homepage.

Account deleted

19 March 2010, 14:57

Thanks for the reply, it seems to be working fine now. I believe this was related to some other issues we were having after our migration.

Thanks again, Lauren

Paul Nijbakker's profile picture

19 May 2010, 3:28

Hi Penny,

We are testing a Mahara Moodle integration and it appears that this integration has switched off the possibility to add user pictures to Moodle profiles. In the networked Moodle the users (including admins) have no access anymore to their profile pictures when editing their profile and profile pictures cannot be bulk uploaded either.

It may be that I overlooked something, but that is what seems to have happened. Has anyone reported such an issue before and perhaps found a solution?

Rgrds,
Paul.

Paul Nijbakker's profile picture

19 May 2010, 6:37

P.S. We use Moodle 1.9.8+ networked with Mahara 1.2

A post by Account deleted was deleted

8 results